Perspective Software is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using perspective.eu.com’s services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for all of our audience.
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use information we collect about you;
- When we may use your details to contact you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Perspective Software services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text Perspective Software, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Perspective Software (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Perspective Software will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that Perspective Software may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- To personalise the way content is presented to you;
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- To analyse and improve the services offered by Perspective Software. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Perspective Software may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Perspective Software proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
Perspective Software may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Perspective Software can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Perspective Software services (participation is always voluntary);
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this;
Local pages will give you detailed information about how Perspective Software will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
Perspective Software won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services, activities or online content to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Perspective Software. However, sometimes Perspective Software uses third parties to process your information. Perspective Software requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Perspective Software requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Perspective Software websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any service, Perspective Software may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Perspective Software reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there), Perspective Software may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Perspective Software or Perspective Software’s corporate retention schedule. If you cancel your registration as a user of any service and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while Perspective Software cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Perspective Software holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
You should note that Perspective Software may place a number of cookies on any of our sites and may collect information about international users from these.
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On Perspective Software’s websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly they may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our product pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight product information on your second and subsequent visits.
c. Third Party Cookies on Perspective Software pages
Please note that during your visits to Perspective Software websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Perspective Software or Perspective Software’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Perspective Software does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
1 Henley Way